The property described in paragraphs a, b, c and d of article 693, as they read in 1916, was the following:
(a) property belonging to Her Majesty or held in trust for her use, property owned or occupied by the corporation of the municipality in which it is situated, and the buildings in which the Circuit Courts are held and registry offices are situated;
(b) property owned or occupied by the Federal or Provincial Government;
(c) property belonging to fabriques, or to religious, charitable or educational institutions or corporations, or occupied by such fabriques, institutions or corporations for the ends for which they were established, and not possessed by them solely to derive a revenue therefrom;
(d) burial-grounds, bishops’ palaces, parsonage houses, and their dependencies.
Paragraph d was replaced in 1924 (1923-24, c. 56, s. 2).
Circuit Courts were abolished in 1953 (1952-53, c. 29, s. 3), and their jurisdiction transferred to the Magistrate’s Court (1952-53, c. 29, s. 17), which was itself replaced in 1965 by the Provincial Court (1965, 1st sess., c. 17, s. 2), in turn replaced in 1988 by the Court of Québec (1988, c. 21, s. 66).
Article 693 was repealed in 1979 (1979, c. 72, s. 288).