C-25.01 - Code of Civil Procedure

Full text
338. A judgment containing an error in writing or calculation, or any other clerical error, including an error in the description of property, may be corrected by the person who rendered it. The same applies to a judgment which, by obvious inadvertence, grants more than was sought or does not rule on part of the application.
The correction may be made on the judge’s own initiative as long as execution of the judgment has not begun, or at any time on a party’s request unless the judgment is under appeal. If the person who rendered the judgment has left office or is unable to act, the court may make the correction.
If the correction is to the operative part of the judgment, the time limits for appeal and execution begin to run on the date of the correction.
2014, c. 1, a. 338.