9. The Société may grant financial assistance to the private sector of the cinema industry in accordance with the three-year plan established and the programs approved by the Minister.
For that purpose, the functions of the Société in the field of cinema are
(1) to recognize as Québec films such works as it may indicate in accordance with the standards established by regulation of the Government;
(2) to promote or provide assistance for cinematographic creation and the production of films recognized as Québec films;
(3) to promote or provide assistance for the distribution and exhibition of films in Québec as well as the development of technical industries;
(4) to promote or provide assistance to the Québec cinema by fostering its participation in film festivals and other cinematographic events and to promote cinematographic culture in Québec;
(5) to encourage the participation of television enterprises in producing and broadcasting Québec films;
(6) to encourage or provide assistance for training, research, development and innovation in the field of cinema.
Financial assistance must be granted in accordance with the allocation criteria determined by the Government on a proposal made by the Minister, after obtaining the advice of the Société.
1983, c. 37, s. 9; 1984, c. 47, s. 216; 1987, c. 71, s. 1; 1991, c. 21, s. 3.