75. The functions of a fund shall be to establish each year, on the date fixed by the Minister, and within the framework determined by regulation, a program of activities for offenders, and see to its implementation. The program and any modification to the program must be approved by the Minister.
A further function of a fund is to assist offenders financially, in accordance with the conditions prescribed by regulation.
For those purposes, a fund shall be made up of
(1) the sums deducted from the remuneration owed to offenders, according to the percentage fixed by regulation;
(2) the gifts made for the benefit of offenders, subject to the conditions attached thereto;
(3) any revenues generated within the framework of a program of activities;
(4) other sums of money from sources that may be determined by regulation; and
(5) the interest earned on the sums of money making up the fund.
2002, c. 24, s. 75; 2005, c. 44, s. 28.