185. Every school service centre shall establish an advisory committee on services for handicapped students and students with social maladjustments or learning disabilities.
The committee shall be composed of
(1) parents of the students concerned, designated by the parents’ committee;
(2) representatives of the teachers, of the members of the non-teaching professional staff and of the members of the support staff, designated by the associations which represent them in their dealings with the school service centre and elected from among the persons who provide services to the students concerned;
(3) representatives of bodies which provide services to handicapped students or to students with social maladjustments or learning disabilities, designated by the school service centre’s board of directors after consulting with those bodies;
(4) a school principal designated by the director general.
The director general or his representative shall take part in the sittings of the committee but he is not entitled to vote.
1988, c. 84, s. 185; 1990, c. 8, s. 16; 2020, c. 1, ss. 163 and 312.