56. The hunting and trapping of animals is prohibited.
However, the Société may, by regulation, allow the hunting and trapping of any animal or any animal of a class of animals determined by the Société.
The regulations may also determine,
(1) on the basis of sex or age, what animal or animal of a class of animals may be hunted;
(2) the period of the year, day or night during which the animal may be hunted or trapped;
(3) the area, territory or place in which the animal may be hunted or trapped; and
(4) the types of arms or traps which may be used;
(5) (subparagraph repealed).
The Société may also, by regulation,
(1) determine the means and their specifications, and the animals, including domestic animals and dogs, with which hunting, trapping or capturing an animal the Société indicates is permitted;
(2) determine the maximum number of animals that may be killed or captured by a person or group of persons during a period and in an area, territory or place the Société indicates.
A regulation made by the Société under this section must be submitted to the Minister for approval.
1983, c. 39, s. 56; 1998, c. 29, s. 8; 1999, c. 36, s. 57.