106. The Minister may, by a memorandum of agreement, entrust all or part of the management of a controlled zone to an agency. The agency’s internal by-laws must be adopted in compliance with the memorandum of agreement, the policies and directives set out for it by the Minister and the following principles:
(1) encourage equitable access to the territory;
(2) ensure citizen participation;
(3) encourage the conservation of wildlife and its habitat; and
(4) encourage the controlled zone’s self-financing.
The memorandum of agreement may include a recreational activity development plan specifying, among other things, the recreational activities to be offered and the fees, which may vary, applicable to each activity.
Where a memorandum of agreement is cancelled, the Minister may continue to apply the by-laws passed by an agency that is a party to the memorandum of agreement in accordance with section 110.1 or, without any formality, amend or replace them. The Minister may also use the fees collected from users to travel about the territory or to carry on any activity for purposes of management of the controlled zone.
1983, c. 39, s. 106; 1988, c. 39, s. 10, s. 41; 1999, c. 36, s. 85; 2004, c. 11, s. 37, s. 38; 2021, c. 24, s. 461.