33. The executive committee shall prepare and submit to the council the following documents :
(1) the city’s annual budget ;
(2) any request for the allocation of the proceeds of loans and for any other moneys required ;
(3) any request in relation to the adoption, amendment or replacement of a planning program ;
(4) draft by-laws ;
(5) any request for the transfer of funds or moneys already voted ;
(6) any report on taxes, permits or licences to be imposed ;
(7) any report recommending the granting of franchises or privileges ;
(8) any report concerning exchanges or emphyteusis in respect of an immovable belonging to the city, and the leasing of the city’s movable or immovable property where the term of the lease exceeds one year ;
(9) any report on any other subject submitted to it by the council that falls within the council’s jurisdiction ;
(10) (subparagraph repealed).
In addition, the executive committee acts for the city in all cases in which a provision of the internal management by-laws assigns the power to perform the act to the executive committee. The executive committee may grant any contract involving an expenditure that does not exceed $100,000.
The executive committee shall give the council its opinion on any matter, where required to do so under a provision of the by-laws, at the request of the council or on its own initiative.
The opinion of the executive committee does not bind the council. Failure to submit an opinion required under the internal management by-laws or requested by the council does not limit the council’s power to consider and vote on the matter.
2000, c. 56, Sch. I, s. 33; 2003, c. 28, s. 8.