In force: 2020-10-10
58. Qualified drivers may not use a qualified automobile to offer remunerated passenger transportation in the following cases:
(1) when the car body or passenger compartment is not clean;
(2) when they notice that the automobile has a defect or that the equipment added to it, in particular the real-time geolocation device, the taximeter and the domelight, if any, is defective;
(3) when the mechanical inspection certificate referred to in section 56 indicates that the automobile has a defect; and
(4) when they receive a notice of defect concerning the automobile issued by a vehicle manufacturer in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (S.C. 1993, c. 16) or when the automobile owner or the operator informs them of the receipt of such a notice.
However, in the case of a minor defect, the automobile may be used provided that the repair is made within 48 hours.
For the purposes of this Act, minor and major defects are those prescribed by a regulation made under Chapter I of Title IX of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2).