3. For the application of this Act, the following guidelines shall guide the management and provision of health services and social services:
(1) the person requiring services is the reason for the very existence of those services;
(2) respect for the user and recognition of his rights and freedoms must inspire every act performed in his regard;
(3) the user must be treated, in every intervention, with courtesy, fairness and understanding, and with respect for his dignity, autonomy, needs and safety;
(4) the user must, as far as possible, play an active role in the care and services which concern him;
(5) the user must be encouraged, through the provision of adequate information, to use services in a judicious manner.