S-4.2 - Act respecting health services and social services
220.127.116.11. The functions of the audit committee include
(1) making sure a plan for the optimal utilization of the institution’s resources is put in place, and following up on that plan;
(2) making sure that a risk management process for the conduct of the institution’s affairs is put in place and followed;
(3) reviewing any activity likely to be detrimental to the institution’s financial health that is brought to its attention;
(4) examining the financial statements with the auditor appointed by the board of directors;
(5) recommending the approval of the financial statements by the board of directors; and
(6) seeing that internal control mechanisms are put in place and making sure that they are appropriate and effective.