12. The rights of any person which are recognized under this Act may be exercised by a representative.
The following persons are presumed to be representatives, according to the circumstances and subject to the priorities provided for in the Civil Code:
(1) the holder of parental authority of a user who is a minor or the user’s tutor;
(2) the curator, tutor, spouse or close relative of a user of full age under legal incapacity;
(3) the person authorized by a protection mandate given by the incapable user of full age before his incapacity;
(4) a person proving that he has a special interest in the user of full age under legal incapacity.
1991, c. 42, s. 12; 1999, c. 40, s. 269; I.N. 2016-01-01 (NCCP).