7. The Minister may issue a childcare centre permit to a non-profit legal person or a cooperative whose board of directors is as follows:
(1) it is made up of at least seven members;
(2) at least two thirds of its members are parents who are clients or future clients of the childcare centre;
(3) at least one of its members is from the business sector or the institutional, social, education or community sector;
(4) no more than two of its members are staff members of the centre; and
(5) none of its members is related to another.
No board member referred to in subparagraph 2 or 3 may be a staff member of the centre or a person related to a staff member of the centre.
The prohibition concerning related persons does not apply to an Aboriginal board of directors formed for the establishment or operation of a centre on Aboriginal territory.
The Government may make rules concerning the election of the members of the board of directors, its operation and the content of its internal by-laws.