66. The Minister may designate a person to provisionally administer a childcare centre, day care centre or coordinating office
(1) if its permit is suspended or revoked;
(2) if the permit holder engages in practices or tolerates a situation likely to compromise the health, safety or well-being of the children to whom childcare is provided;
(3) if the permit holder or accredited party acts contrary to the rules of sound management applicable to an organization receiving subsidies out of public funds, or if there has been malfeasance or breach of trust;
(4) if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the permit holder or accredited party is using subsidies for purposes other than those for which they were granted;
(5) if an investigation into the management and operations of the permit holder or accredited party is conducted under section 80; or
(6) if the board of directors of a childcare centre or coordinating office so requests or is unable to act.
The provisional administration must not last longer than 120 days; the Minister may grant an extension of not more than 90 days.
2005, c. 47, s. 66; 2009, c. 36, s. 91.