40.1. Subject to section 40.2, to be accredited as a home childcare coordinating office, the legal person must have a board of directors that meets the following requirements:
(1) it has at least five members;
(2) the majority of members are parents who are clients of a home childcare provider operating in the office’s assigned territory;
(3) one member is from the business sector or the institutional, social, education or community sector;
(4) no more than one member is a home childcare provider operating in the office’s assigned territory;
(5) no member is related to another member, to a staff member of the legal person or to a home childcare provider operating in the office’s assigned territory.
The following persons may not be members or directors of the legal person: day care centre permit holders and their directors and employees and any persons related to them.
The Minister may accredit as a coordinating office a legal person that meets the requirements of this section and section 43 and makes the proper application, or a legal person solicited by the Minister to assume such a role.
However, if the Minister considers that no legal person under consideration in a given territory meets the requirements of this section and section 43, the Minister may accredit any other non-profit legal person.