S-32.01 - Act respecting the professional status of artists in the visual arts, arts and crafts and literature, and their contracts with promoters
12. No association shall be recognized unless its by-laws
(1) prescribe conditions of membership based on independence and professional requirements specific to artists in the activity or field in question;
(2) prescribe ethical standards which impose obligations on its members toward the public;
(3) confer on the members the right to take part in the meetings of the association and to vote;
(4) prescribe that all decisions as to membership requirements for artists to whom this Act applies shall be submitted to the members for approval;
(5) confer on the members the right to vote by secret ballot on the content of any agreement that the association may negotiate with promoters;
(6) make the calling of a general meeting or the polling of the members to whom this Act applies mandatory where 10% of such members request it.