129. Notwithstanding section 120, a company or its subsidiary may be party to a contract with a restricted party where only nominal sums are involved or the object of the contract is
(1) services connected with the management or carrying on of their activities;
(2) business or professional services which they offer to the public in the ordinary course of business and not involving any loan, acquisition of securities or transfer of assets;
(3) property which they use for their own requirements;
(4) conditions of employment of an employee or officer, pension funds, insurance plans and anything else connected with a labour contract;
(5) anything else that may be determined by regulation of the Government.
A contract contemplated in subparagraph 1, 2 or 3 of the first paragraph must be made on competitive terms or terms favourable to the company or the subsidiary.
1987, c. 95, s. 129; 1999, c. 40, s. 304.