8. The national public health program must contain orientations, objectives and priorities relating to
(1) ongoing surveillance of the health status of the population and of health determinants;
(2) the prevention of diseases, trauma and social problems that have an impact on the health of the population;
(3) the promotion of systemic measures capable of fostering the enhancement of the health and well-being of the population;
(4) the protection of the health of the population and the relevant health monitoring activities.
The Minister may add orientations, objectives and priorities that relate to any other aspect of public health which the Minister considers necessary or relevant to include in the program.
The Minister shall, in developing the components of the program that relate to prevention and promotion, focus, insofar as possible, on the most effective actions as regards health determinants, more particularly actions capable of having an influence on health and welfare inequalities in the population and actions capable of decreasing the risk factors affecting, in particular, the most vulnerable groups of the population.