6. For the purposes of this Act, municipal bodies include
(1) municipalities, bodies declared by law to be the mandatary or agent of a municipality, bodies whose board of directors is composed in a majority of members of the council of a municipality, as well as bodies whose budget is adopted by a municipality or more than half of the financing of which is assumed by a municipality;
(2) metropolitan communities, regional county municipalities, intermunicipal boards, transit authorities, the Kativik Regional Government and other bodies whose board of directors is composed, in the majority, of members of the councils of several municipalities; and
(3) mixed enterprise companies established under the Act respecting mixed enterprise companies in the municipal sector (chapter S-25.01);
(4) the Réseau de transport métropolitain.
In addition, a municipal body referred to in subparagraphs 1 and 2 of the first paragraph may, for the application of this Act to infrastructure projects located on its territory, propose to the Société that a legal person, partnership or body it identifies be considered a municipal body.
2004, c. 35, s. 6; 2016, c. 8, s. 8311.