44. For the purposes of this plan, the normal retirement age is 65. However, an employee who ceases to participate in the plan is entitled to a pension if the employee
(1) (subparagraph repealed);
(2) has at least 32 years of service;
(3) has at least 30 years of service and is not under 50 years of age;
(4) (subparagraph repealed);
(5) has become unable to perform his regular duties by reason of a physical or mental disability defined by regulation;
(6) is not under 60 years of age;
(7) has at least 25 years of service.
The pension shall be granted on the date on which the employee retires in accordance with section 53.
Subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph applies only to employees referred to in paragraph 1 or 2 of section 1 or to employees, except middle managers, referred to in paragraph 4 of that section, for any period of absence without pay or disability giving entitlement to the application of section 18, in progress on the date of coming into force of a mandatory supplementary salary insurance plan referred to in section 20.
1987, c. 107, s. 44; 1997, c. 71, s. 9; 2002, c. 30, s. 10; 2004, c. 39, s. 11.