3. The Generations Fund is made up of
(1) the sums derived from the lease of hydraulic power under section 3 of the Watercourses Act (chapter R-13) and the sums derived from the development of hydraulic power under sections 68 to 70 of that Act and the development of water power under section 32 of the Hydro-Québec Act (chapter H-5);
(2) sums representing a part of Hydro-Québec’s earnings on the sale of electricity outside Québec as a result of increased generating capacity, subject to section 15.2 of the Hydro-Québec Act;
Not in force (3) sums derived from fees or charges for water withdrawal, except sums paid into the Green Fund under paragraph 5 of section 15.4 of the Act respecting the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et des Parcs (chapter M-30.001);
(4) sums derived from the sale of government assets, rights or securities;
(5) the sums deposited under section 41.1 of the Public Curator Act (chapter C-81);
(6) the gifts, legacies and other contributions received by the Minister that the Minister pays into the Fund to reduce the Government’s debt; and
(7) the income generated by the investment of the sums making up the Fund.
Water-power royalties from Hydro-Québec are payable out of production revenue.
The Government establishes, under the conditions it determines and on the recommendation of the Minister, the part of the sums or revenue under subparagraphs 2 to 4 of the first paragraph that must be paid into the Fund.
An order establishing the sums referred to in subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph must be made on the recommendation of the Minister, in consultation with Hydro-Québec.