84. The Minister or any person authorized by the Minister may, at any reasonable time, enter land, a building or a work to examine books, registers and records, or the premises, for the purposes of this Act or the regulations.
Any person who has the care, possession or control of such books, registers or records must make them available to the Minister or authorized person and facilitate their examination.
The Minister or authorized person may also, on that occasion,
(1) install measuring apparatus;
(2) conduct tests and take measurements;
(3) make analyses;
(4) record the state of a place or natural environment by means of photographs, videos or other sound or visual recording methods;
(5) examine, record or copy a document or data, on any medium whatsoever; or
(6) require that something be set in action, used or started, under the conditions specified by the Minister or, as applicable, the authorized person.
The person authorized by the Minister under the first paragraph must, if so requested, produce a certificate of authorization signed by the Minister. The person may not be prosecuted for acts done in good faith in the performance of the duties of office.
1968, c. 34, s. 4; 1979, c. 49, s. 37; 1986, c. 95, s. 295; 1994, c. 17, s. 63; 1999, c. 36, s. 158; 2006, c. 3, s. 35; 2017, c. 4, s. 2311.