Not in force
31.49. The owner of the soil in respect of which the Minister has registered a notice pursuant to section 31.48 must, before changing or altering the use of the soil, in accordance with municipal zoning by-laws, or before undertaking excavation or construction work or dismantling his equipment or buildings, apply for the authorization of the Minister and provide him with
(1) a soil characterization study;
(2) a programme of decontamination or restoration of the soil describing the decontamination or restoration work and a timetable for the execution of the work;
(3) a description of the proposed change or alteration of the use of the soil or of the proposed excavation, construction or dismantlement work, as the case may be.
The Minister may approve the proposed decontamination or restoration work and timetable with or without amendment.
The owner shall then execute the work in accordance with the timetable, as approved by the Minister.
The Minister may authorize a change or alteration of the use of the soil or the excavation, construction or dismantlement work after he has ascertained
(1) that the decontamination or restoration work has been executed in accordance with the third paragraph;
(2) that the level of decontamination prescribed by regulation has been attained.
The Minister may require of the owner any information, research findings or study he may need to grant his authorization.
The Minister shall transmit a copy of the characterization study to be furnished to him to the secretary-treasurer or clerk of the municipality in which the soil concerned is located, who shall place it at the disposal of the public.