15. Before appointing the independent directors, the Minister must establish competency, expertise or experience profiles in the following areas:
(1) governance and ethics competency;
(2) risk management, finance and accounting competency;
(3) human, property and information resources competency;
(4) auditing, performance and quality management competency;
(5) expertise with respect to community organizations;
(6) youth protection expertise;
(7) rehabilitation expertise;
(8) mental health expertise; and
(9) experience as a user of social services.
For each board of directors of an integrated health and social services centre, the Minister must appoint one independent director for each of the profiles listed in subparagraphs 1 to 9 of the first paragraph. If such an institution is located in a health region where a university offers a complete undergraduate program in medicine, or operates a centre designated as a university institute in the social sector, an additional independent director must be appointed for the profile referred to in subparagraph 7 of that paragraph. In the case of the board of directors of an unamalgamated institution, at least one independent director must be appointed for each of the profiles listed in subparagraphs 1 to 4 and 9 of the first paragraph.
In the case of the board of directors of an integrated health and social services centre, one of the independent directors corresponding to a profile listed in any of subparagraphs 1 to 4 of the first paragraph must be appointed from a list of names provided by the regional committee formed in accordance with section 510 of the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2).