38. The functions of a regional council shall include
(1) defining labour market issues in its region on the basis of the general objectives of labour market policy, in particular by assessing manpower development needs and drawing on the expertise of advisory committees;
(2) submitting annually to the Commission, for approval, a regional plan of action as regards manpower and employment, which plan shall include, in particular, the elements dealing with public employment services appearing in the local plans of action pertaining to the economy and employment that have been drawn up for its region, together with its opinion particularly as to the consistency of such elements with provincial, sectorial and regional guidelines, strategies and objectives;
(3) adapting manpower and employment measures, programs and funds to the realities of the region to the extent the conditions governing their implementation so allow;
(4) defining regional manpower and employment strategies and objectives;
(5) proposing, to the Commission, the criteria according to which the funds made available for manpower and employment measures, programs and funds at the regional level should be allocated;
(6) defining the areas in which Emploi-Québec should enter into specific regional manpower and employment agreements with the regional conference of elected officers referred to in section 97 of the Act respecting the Ministère du Développement économique et régional et de la Recherche (chapter M-30.01);
(7) encouraging the regional conference of elected officers referred to in section 97 of the Act respecting the Ministère du Développement économique et régional et de la Recherche to take regional manpower and employment strategies and objectives into account.