85. The Minister may appoint an inspector to verify compliance with this Act and the regulations.
The inspector may, in the exercise of inspection functions,
(1) enter, at any reasonable time, the establishment of a legal person, an employer or an immigration consultant;
(2) take photographs or make recordings on the premises mentioned in subparagraph 1;
(3) examine and make copies of any document containing information relating to the activities of the persons mentioned in subparagraph 1; and
(4) require that the persons present provide or communicate to the inspector, within a reasonable time, any information or document relating to the application of this Act and the regulations for examination or the making of copies.
A person having custody, possession or control of any document relating to the application of this Act and the regulations must, at the inspector’s request, send the document to the inspector within a reasonable time and facilitate its examination, regardless of the medium and of the means by which it may be accessed.