325. The chief electoral officer may grant an authorization, upon a written application of the leader of the party,
(1) to the party of the Prime Minister;
(2) to the party of the Leader of the Official Opposition;
(3) to a party which at the last general election had ten official candidates; or
(4) to a party which undertakes to present official candidates in at least ten electoral divisions at any subsequent general election.
The application of a party contemplated in subparagraph 4 of the first paragraph must be accompanied with the names, addresses and signatures, for at least ten electoral divisions, of 60 electors for each division declaring that they are members or supporters of the party and in favour of the application for authorization.