21. The following persons are disqualified for election to the office of school commissioner:
(1) Members of the National Assembly;
(2) Members of the Parliament of Canada;
(3) justices of any court of justice;
(4) a member of the personnel of the school board;
(5) a person sentenced to imprisonment.
Disqualification under subparagraph 5 applies for the term of the sentence but ceases if the person obtains a pardon for the offence committed.
The members of the personnel of the Conseil scolaire de l’île de Montréal are disqualified for election to the office of school commissioner of any school board on the island of Montréal.