33. (1) The officers and councillors shall be elected for one year but shall be re-eligible. The by-laws of each section shall determine the conditions of eligibility.
(2) Nevertheless a section may provide, by resolution passed at the annual general meeting or at a special meeting, that the officers and councillors, or some of them, shall be elected for two years.
(3) The officers and councillors shall take office upon election and shall remain in office until their death, resignation, disbarment or replacement, as the case may be.
(4) The appointment of an officer or councillor to an office incompatible with the practice of the profession shall be equivalent to his resignation.
(5) In the case of the death, resignation or inability to act of one of its members, the council shall elect a member of the section to replace him or order a poll.