16. In addition, to fulfill its missions, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales may, in particular,
(1) acquire, lend, borrow, preserve and restore documents and, except in the case of archives, alienate, rent and exchange documents;
(2) enter into agreements or participate in joint projects with any person or body;
(3) enter into an agreement authorized by law with a government other than the Gouvernement du Québec, with a department of such a government, with an international organization or with an agency of such a government or organization;
(4) solicit and receive gifts, bequests, subsidies and other contributions, provided that any attached conditions are consistent with the fulfilment of its missions;
(5) conduct research or studies.
Every agreement entered into with Ville de Montréal pertaining to the Bibliothèque centrale collection, including the Phonothèque collection and the multilingual biblioservice collection, must be submitted to the Government for approval.
1998, c. 38, s. 16; 2001, c. 11, s. 11; 2004, c. 25, s. 12.