23. The Minister may suspend, revoke or refuse to renew the licence of any licensee who
(1) has failed to comply with this Act or the regulations;
(2) has been found guilty, in any place, of an indictable or other offence relating to the operations for which the licence was issued, or, in the case of a licensee who is a legal person or partnership, if a director or officer, or a partner or shareholder having a major interest in the business, has been found guilty of such an offence, unless a pardon has been obtained;
(3) is unable, in the Minister’s opinion, to provide adequate services; or
(4) no longer has the qualifications or meets the conditions prescribed by regulation for a licence or does not comply with a condition, restriction or prohibition specified in the licence.
The Minister may also suspend, revoke or refuse to renew a licence if the Minister considers that public health or safety is endangered by the licensee’s operations.
For the purposes of this section, a partner holding 20% or more of the interest in a partnership, a general partner of a limited partnership or a shareholder who, directly or indirectly, can exercise 20% or more of the voting rights attached to a legal person’s issued shares, is considered to have a major interest in the business.