51. A policy respecting medications shall be drawn up by the Minister of Health and Social Services.
The policy shall endeavour to integrate the use of medications into the overall set of actions intended to improve the health and well-being of the population, in particular by means of a basic prescription drug insurance plan, and, subject to the availability of financial resources, shall pursue the following main objectives:
(1) fair and reasonable access to the medications required by the state of health of each person;
(2) optimal use of medications;
(3) better information and training for the public and health professionals;
(4) the implementation of effective and efficient strategies and actions.
1996, c. 32, s. 51; 2002, c. 27, s. 14.