97. An insurer must, without cost, issue a certificate of insurance for each of the automobiles insured by the policy, setting forth:
(1) the name and address of the insurer;
(2) the name and address of the owner of the automobile and, if such is the case, of the person insured;
(3) the number and date of expiry of the policy;
(4) the fact that the certificate is issued to a garagist, if such is the case;
(5) except in the case of a garagist, the specifications of the automobile, in particular the serial number;
(6) any other information determined by regulation of the Government.
For the purposes of this title, a garagist or garage operator is a person who operates an establishment where automobiles are maintained or repaired, and receives payment therefor.
1977, c. 68, s. 97; 1977, c. 5, s. 14; 1989, c. 15, s. 4.