149.10. For the purposes of this chapter, the Fonds d’indemnisation has the following powers:
(1) to pay, to the extent prescribed, the unsatisfied judgments awarding damages arising out of accidents or the claims susceptible of giving rise to such judgments;
(2) to obtain subrogation in the rights of any person indemnified;
(3) to intervene in any action resulting from an accident;
(4) to indemnify the victims of accidents when the author thereof is unknown;
(5) to transact or compromise with claimants.
The moneys necessary to indemnify the victims contemplated in this chapter are taken out of the moneys of the Fonds d’indemnisation.