110. The chair of the Commission is responsible for the management and administration of the affairs of the Commission. The chair may exercise the powers of the Commission under sections 118 and 120 by delegation.
The functions of the chair include
(1) fostering the participation of the members in the formulation of guiding principles for the Commission so as to maintain a high level of quality and coherence in its decisions;
(2) coordinating and assigning the work of the members who, in that respect, must comply with the chair’s orders and directives;
(3) seeing that standards of ethical conduct are observed; and
(4) promoting the professional development of the members as regards the exercise of their functions.
In order to expedite the business of the Commission, the chair may temporarily assign a member to another division.
1982, c. 30, s. 110; 2006, c. 22, s. 73.