26. To be eligible for financial assistance, an adult must reside in Québec within the meaning of the regulation and in the cases and under the conditions determined by that regulation, and be
(1) a Canadian citizen within the meaning of the Citizenship Act (Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, chapter C-29);
(2) an Indian registered as an Indian under the Indian Act (Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, chapter I-5);
(3) a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Statutes of Canada, 2001, chapter 27); or
(4) a person to whom asylum has been granted in Canada by the competent Canadian authorities in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
However, an adult in any class of persons other than those referred to in subparagraphs 1 to 4 of the first paragraph may be eligible in the cases and under the conditions determined by regulation. Eligibility may be limited by regulation, however, to certain programs, benefits or allowances.