135. The functions of the Régie are
(1) to classify films;
(2) to publish regularly, by such means as it considers appropriate, information on the films classified;
(2.1) to periodically hold consultations on the classification of films;
(3) to issue, renew, suspend or revoke exhibitor’s or distributor’s licences;
(4) (subparagraph repealed);
(5) to supervise and monitor the sale, leasing, lending or exchange of video material, and to issue filing certificates;
(6) (subparagraph repealed);
(7) to supervise the administration of this chapter and the regulations made under it and to inquire into its operation and how it is being complied with.
The Régie shall advise the Minister on any question he may submit to it and it may make recommendations to the Minister on any matter within the competence of the Régie.
1983, c. 37, s. 135; 1991, c. 21, s. 47.