222. Every operator and every person engaged in exploration for or extraction or processing of mineral substances and every contractor engaged in mining operations shall transmit to the Minister, not later than 31 March each year, a report of activities for the preceding year showing
(1) the nature of the work and the sums spent on exploration;
(2) the sums allocated for capital expenditures and repairs;
(3) the current state of ore reserves;
(4) the quantity and value of their production;
(5) the number of employees;
(6) the expenses entailed by mining activities;
(7) any other information the Minister may request.
At the request of the Minister, they shall transmit a monthly or quarterly report of activities within 30 days after the end of the period referred to in the report.
Every enterprise which provides mining services shall forward the report described in the first paragraph to the Minister, at his request.
In the event of the bankruptcy or winding-up of an enterprise, the trustee or liquidator shall transmit the report to the Minister at his request.
Despite the first paragraph of section 215, the information in the report is not made public and may only be used for statistical purposes.
1987, c. 64, s. 222; 2003, c. 15, s. 26; 2005, c. 45, s. 4; 2015, c. 8, s. 72.