184. The licensee, with the authorization of the Minister, may abandon his right in all or part of the territory subject to his licence, provided
(1) he applies therefor in writing;
(2) the residual area, in the case of partial abandonment, is comprised within a single perimeter;
(3) he has complied with the conditions for the discontinuation of operations in respect of a well set out in section 164, where such is the case, unless the Minister decides otherwise;
(4) he has complied with the other provisions of this Act and the regulations.
Partial abandonment does not reduce the work the licensee is required to perform during the year of the abandonment.
1987, c. 64, s. 184; 1988, c. 9, s. 36.