39. The Government may make such regulations as may be deemed expedient for the purpose of:
(1) Carrying into effect the provisions of this division;
(2) Reducing by one-half the annual license duties for a place of amusement which, by reason of the nature of its construction or the nature of the amusement there carried on, cannot be made use of during a certain period of the year;
(3) Reducing or remitting the daily license duties for places of amusement when used for patriotic, agricultural, religious, educational or charitable purposes, or for the encouragement of the arts;
(4) Defining what constitutes a seat or the equivalent thereof, in a place of amusement; or determining the number of seats which, in a place of amusement, shall serve as the basis for calculating the duties; or establishing a fixed license duty, not exceeding one hundred dollars, for a place of amusement not assessable according to the number of seats;
(5) Allowing such places of amusement as it designates to be kept without a license when used for patriotic, agricultural, religious, educational or charitable purposes, or for the encouragement of the arts.