F-1.2 - Act respecting farm financing
25. A short-term loan may be granted for any of the following purposes:
(1) the purchase of breeding stock;
(2) the purchase of agricultural tools or machinery, farm equipment or vehicles appropriate for the farming operations of the borrower and mainly used for such purpose;
(3) the consolidation of debts incurred for purposes described in paragraphs 1 and 2;
(4) any other purpose which, in the opinion of the Office, may render the operation of the borrower’s farming business more efficient or ensure its continuation.