C-72.01 - Act respecting municipal courts
1998, c. 30, s. 6; 2002, c. 21, s. 8.
36.5. The functions of the chief judge shall be, in particular,
(1) to establish, concurrently with the municipal judges, general policies applicable to them and to ensure that the policies are adhered to;
(2) to see that such uniform rules of practice as are necessary for the exercise of the jurisdiction of the municipal courts are adopted and to ensure that the rules are applied;
(3) to ensure that judicial ethics are observed;
(4) to promote the professional development of municipal judges in collaboration with the Conseil de la magistrature established by the Courts of Justice Act (chapter T-16);
(5) to provide support to municipal judges in their efforts to improve the operation of the municipal courts.