34.No person shall be appointed a municipal judge unless he has been previously selected according to the procedure established by government regulation for the selection of persons apt for appointment as judges. The regulation may, in particular,
(1) determine the procedure by which a person may become a candidate for the office of judge;
(2) authorize the Minister of Justice to establish a selection committee to assess the competence of candidates for the office of judge and advise him in that respect;
(3) fix the composition and mode of appointment of the members of the committee;
(4) determine the criteria of selection that the committee is to consider;
(5) determine the information that the committee may require from a candidate and the consultations it may make.