111. On the recommendation of the Minister of Justice who shall consult the Minister of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy, the Government may approve a by-law when the municipality submitting it shows to its satisfaction
(1) that abolition of the municipal court is not against the interests of justice;
(2) that the conditions of withdrawal set forth in the agreement establishing the court are respected;
(3) that, following the abolition of the court, the provisions of the agreement that relate to the apportionment of the assets and liabilities resulting from the application of the agreement will be complied with;
(4) that, following the withdrawal, the territory of a regional county municipality which, where such is the case, is a party to the agreement to establish the court will not be the only territory which remains under the jurisdiction of the court, except a municipality contemplated in the second paragraph of section 10.
The by-law comes into force on the fifteenth day following the date of publication of the order of approval in the Gazette officielle du Québec or on any later date indicated in the order.
1989, c. 52, s. 111; 1993, c. 62, s. 9; 1998, c. 30, s. 29; 1999, c. 43, s. 13; 2002, c. 21, s. 32; 2003, c. 19, s. 250; 2005, c. 28, s. 196; 2009, c. 26, s. 109.