16. The Minister may, where the Minister deems it advisable for the sound and efficient management of the Consolidated Revenue Fund, the financial business of a body within the meaning of paragraph 2 of section 77 or of any other body or category of bodies designated by the Government, the public debt, including the pension plans account, and the sinking funds entrusted by law to the management of the Minister, acquire, hold, invest in or make
(1) currency exchange or interest rate exchange agreements;
(2) futures contracts;
(3) purchase contracts or contracts for the purchase or sale of options;
(4) contracts for the short sale of investments, financial contracts and instruments that the Minister is authorized to acquire, hold, invest in or make under section 15 or this section; or
(5) any other financial instrument or contract determined by the Minister.
The Minister may assume any obligation related to a transaction effected pursuant to the first paragraph.
The Minister may effect a transfer between any of the funds comprised in the Consolidated Revenue Fund for the purposes of a transaction listed in the first paragraph.
The Minister may dispose of or terminate such instruments, contracts and agreements, according to their terms.
2000, c. 15, s. 16; 2009, c. 38, s. 11; 2011, c. 18, s. 16; 2018, c. 18, s. 1301.