P-42, r. 10.1 - Regulation respecting the safety and welfare of cats and dogs
23. A dog kept mostly outdoors must have a doghouse or shelter serving as such that complies with the following requirements:
(1) it is made of durable, non-toxic, corrosion resistant materials;
(2) it has a waterproof roof and walls, a floor raised off the ground and an opening through which the dog can enter at all times;
(3) it is in good condition, free of parts jutting out and sharp edges or other potential causes of injury;
(4) it is solid and stable;
(5) its size allows the dog to turn around and maintain its body temperature in cold weather; and
(6) it is designed and built so that the dog is protected from bad weather.