ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENT FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AGREEMENT ON SOCIAL SECURITY BETWEEN THE GOUVERNEMENT DU QUÉBEC AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC
THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY OF QUÉBEC
THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC
CONSIDERING Article 19 of the Agreement on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of the Czech Republic ;
HAVE AGREED AS FOLLOWS :
In this Administrative Arrangement,
(a) the term “Agreement” shall mean the Agreement on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government the Czech Republic, signed at Québec on 19 February 2002 ; and
(b) all other terms shall have the meaning given to them in Article 1 of the Agreement.
In accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 19 of the Agreement, the liaison agencies designated by each of the Parties shall be :
(a) as regards Québec, the Direction des ententes de sécurité sociale du ministère des Relations avec les citoyens et de l’Immigration or any other body that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate ;
(b) as regards the Czech Republic, Ceská spr sociího zabezpecení (Czech Social Security Administration).
CERTIFICATE OF COVERAGE RELATIVE TO THE APPLICABLE STATUTES
(1) For the purposes of Articles 7 to 11 of the Agreement, when a person remains subject to the statutes of one Party while working in the territory of the other Party, a certificate of coverage relative to the applicable statutes shall be issued
(a) by the liaison agency of Québec, when the person remains subject to the statutes of Québec ;
(b) by the liaison agency of the Czech Republic, when the person remains subject to the statutes of the Czech Republic.
(2) The liaison agency issuing the certificate of coverage shall send that certificate to the person in question and shall send a copy, on request, to that person’s employer and, where applicable, to the other liaison agency.
RETIREMENT, DISABILITY AND SURVIVORS’ BENEFITS
(1) For the purposes of Title III of the Agreement, a claim for a benefit under the Agreement may be filed with the liaison agency of either Party, or with the competent institution of the Party whose statutes apply.
(2) When a claim for a benefit referred to in paragraph 1 is filed with a liaison agency, that agency shall send the claim along with the required supporting documents to the competent institution or liaison agency of the Party whose statutes are applicable.
(3) Any information on civil status appearing on the claim form shall be certified, insofar as possible, by the liaison agency sending the claim, which shall exempt the agency from having to forward the supporting documents.
(4) If so requested by the competent institution or liaison agency of one Party, the liaison agency or competent institution of the other Party shall inform the former Party of the periods of insurance recognized under the statutes it administers.
(5) As soon as the competent institution has made a decision regarding a claim pursuant to the statutes it administers, the competent institution shall notify the claimant and shall also inform the liaison agency of the other Party.
REIMBURSEMENT BETWEEN INSTITUTIONS
For the purposes of Article 27 of the Agreement, at the end of each calendar year, when the competent institution of one Party has had medical examination reports produced, on behalf of the competent institution of the other Party, the liaison agency of the first Party shall send to the liaison agency of the other Party a statement of the fees pertaining to the medical examination reports for the year under consideration, indicating the amount owed. That statement shall be accompanied by all supporting documents.
Any form or document necessary to implement the procedures provided in the Administrative Arrangement shall be determined by common agreement by the competent institutions and the liaison agencies.
The liaison agencies of both Parties exchange, in the form agreed upon, statistical data concerning the payments made to the beneficiaries under the Agreement during each calendar year. Such data may include the number of beneficiaries and the total amount of benefits, by benefit category.
COMING INTO FORCE AND TERM
The Administrative Arrangement shall come into force on the same date as the Agreement, and they shall both have the same term.
Done at Prague on 4 December 2002, in two original copies, each in the French and Czech languages, both texts being equally authentic.
For the Competent For the Competent Authority
Authority of Québec of the Czech Republic
M. JEAN D. MÉNARD M. JIRÍ HOIDEKR