(1) to define the issues to be dealt with at the hearing;
(2) to assess the advisability of clarifying and adding detail to the allegations of the parties and the relief sought;
(3) to facilitate the disclosure of documentary evidence between the parties;
(4) to plan the conduct of proceedings and the adducing of evidence at the hearing;
(5) to examine the possibility for the parties to admit some facts or to evidence them by affidavits;
(6) to examine any other issue likely to simplify or accelerate the conduct of the hearing;
(7) to examine the possibility of agreeing to a meeting among the parties to try to bring them to an agreement; and
(8) to examine the possibility of designating a person to meet with the parties for conciliation purposes pursuant to section 21.0.3 of the Act respecting labour relations, vocational training and manpower management in the construction industry (chapter R-20).