64. An owner or operator of a road, railway or power corridor who intends to apply pesticides or have pesticides applied for their maintenance must, before the work begins, notify the regional office of the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et des Parcs and the municipality or, in the case of an unorganized territory, the regional county municipality.
The notice must be in writing and must be received at the regional office at least 21 days before the beginning of the work and must contain the following information:
(1) the name and address of the owner or operator of the territory where the work will be carried out;
(2) the names of the permit and certificate holders who will carry out the work and their permit or certificate numbers;
(3) the total area to be treated;
(4) the name and registration number of the pesticides to be applied;
(5) the proposed quantity, dosage and number of pesticide applications;
(6) the proposed date of the work; and
(7) the name, address and telephone number of any person responsible for providing information on the work.
The following documents must be sent with the notice:
(1) a map describing the pesticide application areas and the sections within those areas on which the application of pesticides is prohibited under the first paragraph of sections 50 and 52 and sections 59 and 60;
(2) a copy of the label of the pesticides used; and
(3) a copy of the message required by section 63.
The permit holder responsible for the carrying out of the work may not start the work until the notice has been given.