17. It is prohibited to store Class 1, Class 2 or Class 3 pesticides in a flood area having a flood recurrence interval of 20 to 100 years that is mapped or identified in a land use planning and development plan or a metropolitan land use and development plan or in a municipal zoning by-law.
That prohibition does not apply where
(1) the quantity of stored pesticides is less than 100 litres or 100 kg;
(2) the quantity of stored pesticides is equal to or greater than 100 litres or 100 kg and the storage time is less than 15 consecutive days;
(3) the pesticides are stored higher than the highest level reached by water in a 100-year interval flood;
(4) holders of Subclass C1, C7, D1 or D7 permits store the pesticides for a period of less than 60 consecutive days between 1 June and 28 February; or
(5) the operators of the storage site hold a certificate of conformity issued by CropLife Canada before 3 April 2003; the authorized storage site is restricted, in that case, to the storage site certified by CropLife Canada and existing on that date.